Which Style is Right for You?
Hearing aids are available in a variety of styles designed to meet different cosmetic preferences and address different levels of hearing loss.
Our professionals will identify which styles are appropriate for your specific needs.
Receiver-In-The-Canal Styles (RIC)
They are also known as Receiver-In-Ear (RIE).
- For mid to moderately severe hearing loss
- Virtually unnoticeable when worn
- Battery life: 5-14 days with 8 hours of daily usage
- Denmark Battery operated device: Resound LiNX
- Budget: SONIC Cheer
- Denmark Rechargeable device: Quattro
These devices transmit sound through a tube to either a custom earmold, or a dome that rests at your ear canal. They are ultra power hearing aids.
- For severe to profound hearing loss
- Battery life: 21 days with 8 hours of daily usage
- Denmark device: ENZO Super Powered
Canal Styles (CIC, ITC)
Canal-style devices are custom made to your ear canal shape.
- Custom fit to individual’s ear
- Invisible and discreet
- For mid to severe hearing loss
- Skin tone colours available
- Battery life: 4-7 days with 8 hours of daily usage
Invisible Styles (IIC)
Like Canal-style hearing aids, these tiny instruments are custom made to fit inside your ear canal. IIC devices sit beyond the second bend of the canal.
- Virtually invisible
- For mid to moderate hearing loss
- Dark colour designed to blend with the shadows of the ear
- Battery life: 4 days with 8 hours of daily usage
- Only available for selected premium models.