Amazing Hearing Centre would like to thank everyone for the fantastic attendance at our first hearing awareness seminar at OG Albert Complex. We are especially grateful for Professor Yuen Heng Wai for joining us as the main speaker of the event.
For the month of Christmas, Amazing Hearing Centre is having a free upgrade for ReSound LINX 3D hearing aids. Customer can now enjoy premium technology level ($9,000 up to $14,000 per pair) with the price of mid range devices.
These devices are discreet, smartphone compatible, volume adjustable and also the most comfortable devices in the market. Promotion applies to Receiver-In-Ear hearing device as shown below,
These hearing devices can be collected on the same day. All prices quoted includes lifetime tuning, servicing and cleaning of hearing aids. While stocks last!
*NEW, December 2018 Free Upgrade- Enjoy the quality of Quattro 9 with the price of Quattro 7 for the month of Christmas! Only 3 pairs left!
Promotion applicable to all centres. Contact us now!
The ReSound history dates back to 1943. Since then, ReSound has been a dominant player in the hearing aid industry.
ReSound provides excellent sound by offering innovative hearing solutions that combine original thinking and design with solid technology – all based on deep audiological insight and understanding of hearing aid users.
GN ReSound hearing devices are suitable for children, young adults and elderlies in all stages of hearing loss, available in the form of: RIE (Receiver-In-Ear) , CIC (Custom in Canal), BTE (Behind-the-Ear).
According to a new study from UK, wearing hearing aids slow dementia by up to 75%.
Scientists believe that keeping older adults engaged and active by adopting these devices can significantly reduce age-related cognitive decline.
They followed the progress of 2,040 individuals between 1996 and 2014, asking them to complete word memory tests at various stages and monitoring the rate of decline before and after getting a hearing aid.
The research team found that while the aids did not halt or reverse cognitive decline, they slowed it down by three-quarters.
The team at the University of Manchester said the strength of the association between hearing aids and mental deterioration meant policy makers should consider hearing and sight loss screening for all older adults.
Dr Piers Dawes said: “These studies underline just how important it is to overcome the barriers which deny people from accessing hearing and visual aids.
“It’s not really certain why hearing problems have an impact on cognitive decline, but I’d guess that isolation, stigma and the resultant lack of physical activity that are linked to hearing problems might have something to do with it.
“And there are barriers to overcome – people might not want to wear hearing aids because of stigma attached to wearing them, or they feel the amplification is not good enough or they’re not comfortable.”
The new research was published in PLOS ONE and the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society.
Copyright © Telegraph Media Group Limited 2018
Hearing devices differs from hearing implants in the way they work.
Hearing aids receive and amplify sounds to a volume which allow the wearer to hear.
Hearing implants require surgery and are inserted under the skin behind the ear, with additional audio processors worn outside. This processor picks up sounds from the environment and convert them into digital information for the implant. Implant then sends electrical signals to the inner ear (cochlea), stimulating the nerve fibers which in turn send information to the brain.
- Hearing aids are recommended for people with mild to moderately severe hearing loss, or when the patient has conductive hearing loss- where sounds cannot be transmitted through the ear canal effectively.
- Implants are recommended for those with severe to profound loss, or when hearing aids are no longer sufficient for the patient.
There are an estimated of 300 to 400 hearing implant users in Singapore, hearing aids users in the tens of thousands.
GN Hearing unveils the world’s first Premium-Plus hearing aid: ReSound LiNX Quattro™, designed for people who want the very best that technology has to offer and desire a brilliant sound experience with great speech intelligibility even in noisy situations.
Powered by new technology, including a new chip platform, ReSound LiNX Quattro™ offers a combination of unmatched sound quality and rechargeability, while further expanding GN Hearing’s leadership within 2.4 GHz connectivity and remote fine-tuning:
- Sound quality: A brilliant sound experience, with clearer, fuller and richer Layers of Sound™. With the highest input dynamic range available and extended high frequencies, sounds are processed in increased detail at all input levels, leading to superior sound quality where softer sounds are clearer and louder sounds are fuller and distortion-free.
- Smallest and longest lasting 2.4 GHz integrated Li-ion rechargeable hearing aid on the market. It comes with a compact portable charger that holds three extra charges and offers quick charge.
- Only hearing aid that offers 24 hours of use even when streaming 50% of the time and 30 hours of use on a fully charged battery without streaming.
- Features GN Hearing’s unique remote fine-tuning capabilities via cloud-based technology. ReSound Assist™ connects hearing aid users with their hearing care professionals via the ReSound Smart 3D™ app, allowing remote adjustment of their hearing aids based on individual needs and preferences leading to even better sound quality.
We have fitted 48 pieces of Quattro (and counting!) since it’s first launch on the 1st of November 2018. View our customer testimonials.
Available for demonstration in all outlets, contact us now.
Hearing Aids provided in Amazing Hearing centre have water and dust resistant coating, which resists sweat and rainwater.
Our customers can freely run, exercises and even hike with these devices.
What to do when accident happens?
Users who accidentally drop their instruments in the water should…
- Gently wipe the coating of devices, the battery removed and water in the battery door wiped off.
- Allow the instrument to dry with the battery door open for approximately 30 minutes.
Christmas, New year and Chinese New year!- yes, the holidays! But while many people associate this time with an elevated sense of togetherness and belonging, for those with hearing loss, this time can be marked by feelings of desolation and distress.
There are several ways you can alleviate them. Here is how to make the most of your holiday celebrations with hearing loss
- Remind your friends and family about your hearing loss, so they can properly accommodate your needs. Don’t be shy about voicing the things you need to enjoy the holidays with your loved ones! It’s okay to request a spot at the table that’s farthest away from the commotion that could occur in the living room.
- Keep the volume down, if possible. TV programs, music, playful children — holiday gatherings can be especially noisy! Turning music or televisions down or off completely while enjoying a meal tends to encourage people to speak louder around the table. That means you’ll be able to hear and focus better on one-on-one conversations.
- Embrace the season with friends and family. Group settings can be intimidating when you have hearing loss. But avoiding them can make everything much more difficult. Isolation and loneliness are associated with depression — as is hearing loss. Get together with friends, singing songs, making jokes and playing games can help you connect with your loved ones and bring back that contagious cheer of the holiday season.
- Go easy on yourself. Situations with many people conversing at once can be challenging for anyone, even those without hearing loss. Try to laugh a little, and be grateful for the wonderful people around you.
Being around loved ones while indulging in great food and laughter are some of the most meaningful parts of the holiday season. But before the celebrations, visit us to ensure your hearing aids are ready to go. Talk to us now and see what we can help!