All Amazing’s clients are entitled to an Aftercare Package- which allows us to take care of you on your journey to better hearing. Find out why this is important to you.
The value of hearing aids is not only on the chip that processes the hearing aids or the hearing aid technology, but more importantly on the hearing professionals who made the adjustments and fine tunings for you.
All these fine tunings must be done by qualified hearing care professionals to provide you with the greatest benefit. Hearing aids do not work automatically. Without the hearing professionals, hearing aids are just decorations. Without the adjustments, no matter how expensive the hearing aids are, we will not benefit fully from the hearing aid technology.
It is crucial to have a hearing care professional to carry out regular reviews for you to cater to your needs.
Anyone can fit hearing aids. What matters most is whether the consultants truly understand the following:
- What the patient is going through
- The top three difficulties that an individual with hearing loss has: inability to hear; unawareness of ongoing conservation; isolation that is brought by the hearing loss
- It takes a professional that has true empathy to understand all these to talk to these patients (with a majority of elderly), and to persuade them to seek help
- Not only getting hearing aids and wearing hearing aids in a long-term is important, encouraging the patients to voice out their concerns is crucial too
- Hearing aids are very uncomfortable devices
- First of all, patients have to wear them 8-10 hours a day, which is like wearing an earpiece every day for the rest of their lives
- Second, the sound is artificial and unnatural. Most patients started to wear hearing aids at least at their 50s, which they are already used to the natural sound quality
- It takes a lot of patience and time to get used to these artificial and unnatural sounds
- The right audiologist/consultant would have understood all these when explaining to the patient, manage their expectations, and walk through the journey with them
- The effect to the people around individuals with hearing loss − their family members, loved ones and friends
- “Blindness separates people from things; deafness separates people from people.” ― Helen Keller
- When one has hearing loss, the people around them are affected the most: people with hearing loss are unable to communicate as per normal, the people surrounding them need to raise their voices, and repeat several times for the person with hearing loss to hear. It is utterly tiring and frustrating. When we get tired of raising our voices, we will eventually stop talking to our loved ones, which affects our relationships. It affects the communication and quality of life of numerous people. This also makes the person with hearing loss feels lonely, and eventually leads to social isolation
Remarks: Hearing loss is an invisible disease, people around you do not know about it, even the patient themself is unaware of it. Hearing loss is a very lonely disease. That is why support from empathetic consultants are utterly important for the patient to go through the whole process.
Here with Amazing Hearing, each hearing consultant and audiologist is chosen primarily based on their sincerity in helping people with hearing loss. Our team proud ourselves for being able to help every patient that step into our clinics. Our patients and their family members can entrust their lifelong hearing journey regardless of the hearing aids purchased.
It takes a truly caring and sincere consultant to treat your hearing loss issues, and to walk through the lifelong journey with you. We are always by your side.