A behind-the-ear (BTE) hearing aid hooks over the top of your ear and rests behind your ear. A tube connects the hearing aid to a custom earpiece called an earmold that fits in your ear canal.
All the electronic parts of a behind-the-ear hearing aid are in the housing that sits behind your ear.
The microphone element is the part that sits behind the ear and the receiver is connected via a thin, clear tube that is placed inside the ear that routes the sounds around you.
Behind-the-ear prescription hearing aids are a lot sleeker and slimmer than they used to be giving you a very comfortable fit.
This type is appropriate for people of all ages and those with almost any type of hearing loss.
You can easily control volume and select programmes on most behind-the-ear prescription hearing aids.
With easy-to-access controls behind-the-ear prescription hearing aids are ideal for users with dexterity problems
They used to be the largest type of hearing aid, bu newer mini designs are now more modern looking and barely visible
As these prescription hearing aids can produce more amplification than are other styles, they may pick up more wind noise.
They are available in many sizes, shapes and color options. You can choose one that matches your skin tone or hair color.
- For severe to profound hearing loss
- Comfortable since it doesn’t sit deep in your ear
- Soft earmould or hard earmould suitable for elderlies with wrinkled ear canal
- Doesn’t close off the ear giving a more natural sound experience
- Provides the highest amplification available in the industry
- Barely visible when worn
- Battery life: Size 675, 21 days with 8 hours of daily usage
- Battery life: Size 13, 14 days with 8 hours of daily usage
- 2020 model : GN ReSound device ENZO Q Super Powered
- 2022 Rechargeable model by ReSound