There are plenty of hearing aid models and hearing centres in Singapore, how do we know who to invest for this essential healthcare product?
Here is a simple guide:
- The hearing centre should be located near to your home or work place.
- this is to ensure that consultants can tend to your needs (Eg: fine tuning, repair) as soon as possible.
- The hearing company should be an independent hearing aids provider, meaning they should provide at least 2 or more hearing aid brands to best suit your hearing profile.
- this is important as the audiologists will not be limited to choosing from one hearing aid brand.
- Audiologists and hearing consultants should provide a 30 minutes hearing aid trial.
- Trial at both quiet and noisy environment.
- 30 minutes trial is ideal for a first time user.
- There is a wide price range for hearing aids, your hearing provider should explain clearly on the quality of the hearing aid recommended.
- Fine tunings must be covered with the purchase of hearing aids.
- most private hearing centres provide lifetime fine tuning services, not the case with public hospitals.
- Last but not least important, you should be comfortable with your hearing aid provider.
- as they will assist you for the lifespan of hearing aids (typically 3 to 4 years).
3525 Total Views 3 Views Today