How do you know if you or your family is affected by hearing difficulties? The truth is, many people don’t realize it for a long time and may deny it for as long as they can. This is due to the fact that hearing loss can be very gradual and happen over a period of years.
Therefore, do not be surprised if you feel that you are unsure about your own or your family member’s hearing ability – we offer free, no-obligation hearing tests where you can speak to us if you have any concerns!
Common signs of hearing loss:
- Other people are commenting that your TV, radio or music is too loud
- Difficulty following conversations with 2 or more people
- Confusion or difficulty focusing in noisy areas (restaurants, shopping malls, meetings etc)
- Relying more on reading lips or watching people’s faces as they talk
- Common, everyday background sounds seem muffled
- Difficulty hearing women’s and children’s voices
- Ringing sensation in one or both ears
Emotional cues of hearing loss:
- You feel stressed out when listening to someone
- You feel nervous or embarrassed about not being able to following conversations
- You avoid social situations
- You don’t enjoy being with people as much as you used to