What are CIC Hearing Aids Like?
Tiny & Discreet
It is not completely invisible. It can be seen outside of one’s ear canal when worn, but it is tiny and often you can choose a colour that blends in well with your skin colour. It is often virtually unnoticeable.
The CIC hearing aid is made to the size and shape of an individual’s ear canal. It is made to fit one’s exact ear anatomy for great comfort and hearing performance. It sits deep into one’s ear, that the wearer can experience a great natural process of hearing.
It has a clear sound comfort technology that is designed to provide distortion-free listening comfort for loud sounds and allowing for great clarity for softer sounds. In addition, with its feedback cancellation system, it is able to provide close to a feedback-free experience. It is even great for allowing the wearer to appreciate music better; from clarity of notes and better refined sound quality. Lastly, it is able to bring relief to those who experience ringing in their ears.
CIC Hearing Aids Suitability
There is no one sized fit all approach to hearing aids, as a hearing aids’ suitability really depends on several factors such as: your ear anatomy, hearing needs, etc. Completely-In-Canal Hearing Aids falls under the category of custom hearing aids. Thus, it is custom fitted to one’s ear for ultimate comfort and control.
The CIC hearing aid is suitable for people who are experiencing mild to moderate hearing loss, and are looking for a hearing aid in Singapore that is more discreet in nature.
Why Choose CIC Hearing Aids
- Almost virtually unnoticeable when worn
- Easily serviced
- Less likely to pick up wind noise
- No need to constantly remove and wear it every morning or night
RIC Hearing Aids Cons
- It does not have a big battery, and thus may require more frequent battery changing
- Cannot be used to do manual volume control due to its small size
- Often does not have extra features such as: volume control or directional microphone
- The hearing aid tends to experience earwax clogging if it is not maintained well
- Less powerful – not as suitable for people experiencing major hearing loss
- Higher price point compared to other cheaper types of hearing aids
Try The ReSound LiNX Quattro CIC Hearing Aids
(Recommended By Us)
The ReSound LiNX Quattro hearing aids has an extended bandwidth of up to 9.5 KHz and a higher input dynamic range of up to 116 dB SPL. It provides more of the finer sound details for a clearer, fuller and richer sound experience.
ReSound LiNX Quattro is a 6th generation, 2.4 GHz wireless hearing aid. With ReSound Assist and the ReSound Smart 3D app, hearing care professionals can provide remote fine-tuning services for their clients.
Completely-In the-Canal (CIC) hearing aids are available with 4 selectable receiver power levels: Low (LP), Medium (MP), High (HP) and Ultra (UP).
ReSound LiNX Quattro also supports the full line of ReSound wireless accessories, which also utilizes the extended bandwidth. The ReSound LiNX Quattro CIC hearing aid components and faceplates are iSolateTM nanotech coated for optimum durability.
Audiological Features (functionality varies among the different models):
- WARP compression (WDRC)
- Binaural Environmental Optimizer II
- Environmental Optimizer
- Noise Tracker II
- Impulse Noise Reduction
- Sound Shaper
- DFS Ultra II
- Music Mode
- Synchronized Acceptance Manager
- Low Frequency Boost (Only UP)
- Amplification Strategy (WDRC/Semi-Linear/Linear – Only UP)
- Tinnitus Sound Generator
- Synchronized Push Button *
- Smart Start
- Phone Now
- Comfort Phone
- Ear to Ear Communication
- Direct audio streaming (Made for Apple)
- ReSound TV Streamer 2, Remote Control 2, Phone Clip+, Micro Mic and Multi Mic
- ReSound Smart 3DTM app
- Fitting Software ReSound Smart FitTM 1.5 or higher
- Fully Flexible Programs
- Auto DFS
- Onboard Analyzer II
- Noahlink Wireless
Consult us today and get the most suitable hearing aids for your hearing needs.